Volunteering at CHI Health is an excellent way to make a difference, not just in the lives of others, but also in your own. Whether you are a part of a community-minded group or a concerned individual aware of the difference one person can make, we have many fulfilling opportunities for volunteers at any of our CHI Health hospitals. Apply to be a volunteer today. After submitting your form, you can expect a response within 3 business days.
Who we are
- We are volunteers who work in partnership with CHI Health to ensure its mission is carried out in the community and surrounding areas.
- We provide high quality volunteer service to the patients, families, visitors, medical staff and associates of CHI Health .
- We encourage diversity among the volunteers that will reflect the community CHI Health serves.
- We explore programs of vision which enhance CHI Health services, and develop fund-raising strategies to initiate and support those programs.
- We have opportunities for personal growth through meaningful educational experiences and recognition.
What we do
As adolescent and adults, we touch the lives of others by giving of our time, knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Administration: clerical support typing, filing
- Admitting: recordkeeping, clerical support
- CHI Health Home Care
- Auxiliary Fund Raisers
- Behavioral Services: clerical support
- Maternity: assisting with non-medical patient needs
- Business Services: clerical support
- Arts and Crafts: making craft items
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Critical care waiting
- Dietetic Services: kitchen aide
- Emergency Services: clerical support and assisting with non-medical patient needs
- Escort/Messenger Service: transporting patients, mail and flowers
- Gift Shop: sales clerk
- Heritage Center
- Hospitality House
- Hospitality: welcoming patients and families, staffing the hospitality cart
- Human Resources: clerical support
- Immanuel Fontenelle Home Information Desk
- Information: providing patient room numbers and direction to visitors
- Child Care: helping children with their activities
- Non-clinical patient care pastoral services
- Nursing Services: assisting with non-medical patient needs
- Occupational Health
- Physical Therapy
- Patient escort services
- Radiology: clerical support
- Surgery Services: assisting patients and their families
- Wellness Center
What we can do for you
As a volunteer at CHI Health, you will participate in promoting the welfare of our hospitals and our patients. You will enjoy many personal benefits as well, including:
- Free Flu Shot
- Free TB Test
- New friendships
- New interests
- New skills
- Service to the community
- Experience and references for future placements
- Inclusion in the hospital and volunteer activities
- Free and reserved parking
- Tax credit for travel
- Job enrichment opportunities
- Meal compensation
- Gift Shop discounts
- Free blood pressure screening
As a volunteer at CHI Health, you will participate in promoting the welfare of our hospitals and our patients. Requirements include:
- 1-year commitment
- A smile and a friendly attitude
- Annual Flu Shot (paid for by CHI Health)
- Annual TB Test (paid for by CHI Health)
- Background check
- Volunteer candidates are required to submit to a drug screen upon initial interview. This is done at no cost to you.
You can learn new skills, develop leadership qualities, open the door to new friendships, and have a positive experience by becoming a member of an CHI Health Teen Volunteer Program. Here are some facts about the Teen Volunteer Program:
- Teen volunteers receive complete training; they do not provide any hands on patient care.
- To be a teen volunteer, you must attend the orientation sessions.
- You will be assigned to a service area after orientation.
- Teen volunteer shifts are available after school on weekdays and also on weekends.
- A minimum of one year commitment is required!
- You must be 14 years of age to be a teen volunteer. You will be asked to show proof of age.
- Duties vary according to the areas of the hospital which you are assigned.